The purpose of this contest is to give feedback and exposure to unfinished game designs.
To be eligible, your design must meet all of the following criteria:
- It must be an analog board game, card game, dice game, or dexterity game.
- It must be your own intellectual property.
- It must not be available for sale, preorder, or crowdfunding while it is in the contest.
- It must not have been available for retail sale, or preorder prior to the contest. This does not include print on demand or print and play versions.
- It must not have been successfully crowd funded prior to the contest.
- It must not be finished. This means you are willing to make changes to the design to improve it.
The Board Game Workshop reserves the right to remove any entry from the contest for any reason.
You can enter multiple designs.
All unfinished designs are welcome to enter. From the roughest early idea to the most polished prototype, as long as it meets all of the eligibility criteria above.
Every eligible entry will receive feedback from the judges in round one.
All submitted videos and documents must be in english.
Designers retain all rights to their designs.
Your design may be shared publicly by The Board Game Workshop and contest judges.
There is no age limit for entering the contest. If you are a minor, please get permission from a guardian before entering.
You may enter a game that you entered in last year’s contest, though many of the judges are the same, so if you haven’t made substantial changes you may get similar feedback.
If you have any questions about the eligibility of your design or about the submission process, contact email@example.com.
Entrance Fee: $5 per entry.
Patreon supporters get one free entry. Patreon.com/theboardgameworkshop
If the fee is a barrier to entry for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prizes: This year there will be no prizes beyond feedback on your design.